Below are guidelines to follow prior to your day surgery. If you have any questions, please contact your physician.
- On the day of your surgery, please arrive at UMMC North and report to the Outpatient Surgery Center. The surgery date and time should be obtained from your physician.
- Please bring with you any papers given to you by your physician.
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your surgery, not even water, gum, mints, or hard candies, unless otherwise directed by your physician.
- Do not take your medications before your surgery. Please bring with you a list of all medications you are currently taking.
- Bring an overnight bag ONLY if you know you are staying overnight in the hospital.
- Wear non-binding, comfortable clothing (warm-ups, loose dress, roomy pants or shorts). No makeup, please.
- For your comfort going home, we suggest you put a pillow and/or light blanket in the car.
- You will not be permitted to drive yourself home. Please make arrangements to have a responsible adult take you home after discharge.