Below are guidelines to follow prior to your day surgery. If you have any questions, please contact your physician.
- On the day of your procedure, please arrive at UMMC North at least 30 minutes prior to your procedure and check in at the Registration area of the Lobby. The procedure date and time should be obtained from your physician.
- Please bring with you any papers given to you by your physician.
- Except for special preparations for Endoscopy, do not eat or drink anything after midnight the night before your procedure, not even water, gum, mints, or hard candies, unless otherwise directed by your physician.
- Do not take your medications before your procedure. Please bring with you a list of all medications you are currently taking.
- Bring an overnight bag ONLY if you know you are staying overnight in the hospital.
- Wear non-binding, comfortable clothing (warm-ups, loose dress, roomy pants or shorts). No makeup, please.
- For your comfort going home, we suggest you put a pillow and/or light blanket in the car.
- You will not be permitted to drive yourself home. Please make arrangements to have a responsible adult take you home after discharge.